It’s less than 1 week till Valentine’s Day! That means recipes full of pinks, reds, and sweet CHOCOLATY goodness are in full-swing. So chocolate is good all year right? But for some reason I absolutely love it around V-Day, especially combined with a berry like raspberries or strawberries….PLUS this makes for a really pretty dish which is always fun. My schedule has been INSANE lately. I have a dance competition coming up which I’m super excited about, but I don’t have that much time to cook. This means quick and easy meals/snacks are a must.
Trying to plan a Valentine’s date with my amazing boyfriend in the midst of all this craziness is practically impossible. Since I have to work on V-Day, I’m going to just make him some yummy treats throughout the next week so that he doesn’t feel too deprived.
I was scrolling through some healthy Valentine’s Day recipes on Pinterest and came across this beautiful recipe by Born to Sweat. It combines some of my favorite flavors into one sweet treat. I’m seriously obsessed with fro-yo, but usually the fro-yo shops have a lot of added sugar and other additives in their yogurt. This is fine on occasion, but at home I like to use organic yogurts with clean ingredients. One of my current favorites that I used for this recipe is Liberte Organic Whole Milk Yogurt. I love that this yogurt uses all organic ingredients and LOVE LOVE LOVE that it uses whole milk because it’s so much healthier for you and obviously it tastes even better.
This recipe takes only a few minutes to put together, and then just pop in the freezer! Fabulous right? You can snack on it for yourself or give your significant other a box that says something like “you unfroze my heart” ha! I’m seriously dying at my cheesiness right now. This recipe definitely needs to stay frozen until you are ready to eat because the yogurt melts incredibly fast. I learned that the hard way today while I was trying to take pictures.
- 2 C. organic coconut yogurt
- ½ C. organic frozen raspberries
- ¼ C. organic raspberry jam (or red jam flavor of choice)
- ⅓ C. semi-sweet chocolate chips (preferably organic or all-natural brand)
- Cover a tray with parchment paper. In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, ¼ C. of the raspberries, and ¼ C. of the chocolate chips.
- Spread it out onto your tray, about ¼ of an inch thick (if you make it too thick, it's really hard to bite into!)
- Take your raspberry jam (or jam of choice) and spread evenly of the top of your mixture. Then top with remaining raspberries and chocolate chips. Put in the freezer for about 3 hours.
- When it's well frozen, take the bark out with the parchment paper. Give it 2-3 minutes to slightly thaw. Cut or break into large pieces and enjoy! (Make sure to store in an airtight container in the freezer).
Ingredients I used to make this recipe extra-special and yummy:
I hope you all enjoy this sweet recipe! If you get the chance to try it, tag me on Instagram @adancersplate and #embraceyourplate so that I can see your yummy creations!