Anytime I see a healthy 4-ingredient recipe on Pinterest or Instagram, I get super excited. I hate having to buy a ton of ingredients for a complicated recipe, especially with my schedule as crazy as it has been lately (and about to get even crazier). Those recipes that take 15 minutes to make and are absolutely DELICIOUS are my kind of recipes. This Avocado Tuna Cake recipe is one of those recipes that is a go-to on those busy days.
On days that I have some down time, I like to scroll through some of my favorite Instagram accounts and get ideas for recipes or quick meals. Rachl Mansfield is one of the best for this. Her recipes are usually super simple, healthy, and so yummy! I love tuna cakes and avocado separately, so combining them was pretty genius.
As you guys may or may not know, I recently started working at a Plant-Based restaurant. This means that I have been eating a lot of meals at the restaurant (because we get an awesome discount) but this means that my diet has really been lacking in animal protein. I can tell a huge difference in how hungry I have been (like starving vibes) as well as energy, and mood. It’s crazy that our diets can affect us this much, but I really need to find ways to get some meats, fish, and other proteins into my diet outside of work. As I start to find new recipes, that is something I will look for. MORE MEAT.
I couldn’t believe how tasty this recipe was. The cakes are the perfect light texture on the inside, and crispy on the outside. I topped them with some more avocado and my classic Sriracha Mayo that I literally put on everything; it was the perfect combination.
- 2 - 10 oz cans of Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- ⅓ C. almond flour
- ¼ C. clean mayo/vegenaise (I use Primal Kitchen's mayo)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
- sprinkle of garlic salt (to taste)
- 3 T. mayo/vegenaise
- ½ T. sriracha
- 1 T. organic coconut sugar
- 1-2 T. organic coconut milk
- sprinkle of Stevia (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, mix together all tuna cake ingredients well.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan/skillet to medium heat, grease with coconut oil or ghee.
- Scoop about ⅓ C. mixture into your hand and form into patties.
- Add to pan and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side (depending on how crispy you want them).
- Once cooked, remove from heat and leave in pan until sauce is ready.
- For the sauce, mix together all ingredients with a whisk until you reach a saucy, smooth consistency. You can add more/use less milk to reach a consistency that you like.
- Top cakes with the sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this yummy recipe, make sure to tag me on Instagram @adancersplate or #embraceyourplate so that I can see your yummy cakes!