Aloha everyone! Eating this DELICIOUS Hot Dog will transport you to the luscious islands of Hawaii (complete with breeze from the palm trees blowing your hair and your toes bedded in the warm, white sand). No but really…it’s THAT good. It combines sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors that come together for a perfect tropical taste. The Teriyaki Mayo Drizzle and Grilled Pineapple are slightly addicting; you won’t be able to resist. Perfect for a summer cookout!
- 8 turkey hot dogs
- 8 organic or gluten-free buns
- 1/2 pineapple, sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbs. Truvia brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbs. Kerrygold butter
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise
- 3 Tbs. teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- pinch of salt
- jalapenos, red onions, pepper jack cheese, (optional toppings)
- Combine Vegenaise, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat grill and grease with Kerrygold butter. Combine cinnamon and Truvia brown sugar and spread on each side of the pineapple thoroughly. Grill until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Flip the pineapple slices over and leave 2 more minutes, then remove the pineapple from the grill.
- Grill turkey dogs until thoroughly cooked. Once hot dogs are cooked, set buns on the grill and toast for about 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Serve the hots dogs with the Teriyaki mayo, Grilled Pineapple, jalapenos, red onions, and pepper jack cheese for the most delicious combination!
*Recipe adapted from The Endless Meal