Piña Coladas have been my favorite summer drink for as long as I can remember. Combining two of my favorite flavors (pineapple and coconut) I could seriously drink one every day. Unfortunately, a scrumptious Piña Colada on the beach made at the cute little ocean-side Tiki Bar are never very healthy. I have tried many healthy recipes that mimic that classic flavor, but none ever came close till the real thing…until this one! I took one sip of this sweet and creamy drink and knew that I had finally found the Perfect Piña Colada recipe. Have you guys ever been the Cheddar’s and ordered their Piña Colada? Well it’s one of my favorite for two reasons. 1: it tastes fabulous! 2: They drizzle honey on the rim and dip it in toasted coconut. This is the best part of the drink so I knew I had to include that in my recipe.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (or more, depending on your consistancy preference)
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- Stevia (to taste)
- handful of ice (consistancy preference)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 Tbs. toasted coconut
- Combine pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut milk, coconut extract, Stevia, and ice in a blender and blend until fully combined.
- In a small pan, toast coconut until slightly browned on medium heat. Remove from heat and add honey; mix well.
- Take the rim of your glass and dip it in the honey/coconut mixture, swirling it around until the top is coated.
- Fill your glass with your Piña Colada mixture and enjoy!