These potatoes are so delicious and super easy! Served with a side of salad and garlic bread…fabulous.
- 6 medium red potatoes (the round ones work the best)
- 3 T. olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 T. mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the potatoes in a baking dish, and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave for 12-15 minutes, or until soft. Scoop out in the insides of the potatoes, set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil and garlic on medium heat until fragrant. Add ground beef, onion, and green pepper and cook until beef is completely browned.
- Add salt and pepper, ketchup, mustard, and spices. Mix well, then remove from heat.
- Fill each potato with the sloppy joe mixture, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once potatoes are done, remove from oven and garnish with parsley.
* The insides of the potatoes are too good to waste, so use the potatoes you scooped out to make a side of mashed potatoes to go with your meal. Just mash thoroughly (which is easy after they have been microwaved). Then add about 6 T. of Kerrygold butter and season well with salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning and microwave for 2-3 minutes. A perfect side dish to this delicious meal!