This recipe is a perfect dinner combo if you’re in the mood for something spicy! (But not too spicy)
Sriracha Chicken Ingredients:
- 3-4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons of sriracha (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Truvia
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch+2 tablespoons water
- optional: crushed red pepper flakes
1) In a small-medium sauce pan, combine the 1 cup of water, sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and honey and stir. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Whisk together the 2 tablespoons corn starch and remaining 2 tablespoons of water until dissolved. Add to sauce pan and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to low.
2) Add diced chicken and ⅓ cup corn starch to a large plastic bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat chicken. Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned and chicken is cooked through. Add the sauce and stir to coat. Sprinkle with crushed pepper flakes if desired.
Sesame Noodle Ingredients:
- 1 pound (16 oz.) organic linguine or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or hot chili oil
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced green onions
- optional garnishes: extra thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds
1) Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of generously salted water.
2) Meanwhile, in a separate mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, and sriracha (or hot chili oil). Whisk until combined. When the pasta is ready, drain it. Then immediately toss with the dressing and 1/2 cup green onions until the pasta is evenly coated with the dressing.
3) Serve immediately with the honey sriracha chicken, topped with extra garnishes if desired. Hope you enjoy!
-Adapted from Gimme Some Oven and La Creme de la Crumb