I made these cookies for my boyfriend’s birthday (because he kind of has a red velvet addiction) and they were so yummy! Seriously whipped them up in just a few minutes. Unfortunately they are not healthy, but a great and easy treat for a party or occasion.
Yield: 24 cookies
- Red Velvet Box Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons corn starch
- Heat oven to 370 degrees. and place parchment paper over two cookie sheets.
- Mix powdered sugar and corn starch together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, butter, and lemon rind together with a mixer first then mix in the box of cake mix.
- Roll into one inch bolls and coat with the powdered sugar mixture.
- Place balls on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes and let cool on a cooling rack.
*Adapted from Hip2Save