YOU GUYS! It’s like Christmas in September! These Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls are as good as the unhealthy and delicious version that I make every Christmas. I seriously can’t contain my excitement. These are not only HEALTHY but extremely easy and only have a few simple ingredients! Not only that, but they are 21 Day Fix approved! This is Autumn Calabrese’s recipe from her cookbook Fixate that has all kinds of delicious 21 Day Fix recipes. Scrumptious is an understatement.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, crunchy or smooth (I used crunchy)
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- hot water
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, 62% cacao or higher, chopped or chips
- 2 T. extra-virgin coconut oil, unrefined
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour, and maple syrup in a medium bowl; blend with a spatula until mixture forms a uniform dough.
- Using clean hands, shape dough into 24 1-inch balls. Place a toothpick in the center of each ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Fill small saucepan with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to low heat.
- Place heat-proof bowl over saucepan. Add chocolate and oil. Stir 2-3 minutes or until just melted. Make sure water does not splash into the bowl.
- Remove balls from refrigerator. Hold ball by toothpick and dip into chocolate, swirling to coat. Return back to baking sheet. Repeat with each ball.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
*You can also melt the chocolate in a melting pot. I use the Wilton Chocolate Pro which is AMAZING! You only have to add a tiny bit of coconut oil if you do it this way.