Orange chicken is one of my favorite dishes at Chinese restaurants, but I’m not a fan of all the calories and fat. Soooo, this recipe is MUCH healthier and super yummy!
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- zest of one orange
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- thinly sliced scallions
- toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and salt and pepper to taste to pan and saute for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the garlic, orange juice, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, ginger,white pepper, and orange zest.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir to combine.
- Let sauce come to a boil and continue boiling and stirring for another minute or two until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over rice or quinoa.
- Garnish with red pepper, scallions, and sesame seeds.