- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 medium-size flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can organic pinto beans, cooked and mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- Flavor God Seasoning (I used the Everything Spicy, but you can substitute any type of taco seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take 2 baking sheets and spray them with non-stick spray. Place 3 tortillas on each baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, carefully flip tortillas over while they’re still in the oven and then bake another 5 minutes to crisp on the other side. You want tortillas a slight golden color and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add seasoning and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans until warmed through. Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the tortilla, then a thin layer of beans on top of the sauce. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture and sprinkle with a little of each cheese. Place another tortilla on top of the meat. Spread 3 Tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the top tortilla. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and pepper-jack cheese. Add a few dices of tomato and green onion.
- Repeat process with the remaining tortillas. You will have 3 Mexican pizzas total.
- Place pizzas on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
*Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse