Hey guys! So yesterday was my first Saturday off in FOREVER…so I got to spend the day hiking with my love! It was so much fun, and starting our day off with a great and healthy breakfast made it even better! I made a grain-free Lemon Poppy Seed Cake with a cream cheese frosting and cheesy Chipotle Garlic Eggs with my new Chipotle Flavor God Seasoning. The cheese that I topped my eggs with is to DIE for! It’s a Catamount Hills Cabot cheese, and it’s the only cheese that I have ever wanted to eat by the slice. Warning, it’s ADDICTING! And of course, no breakfast is complete without a perfectly steamed latte, am I right?
Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 1/2 cups Cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 T. baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup + 2 T organic whole milk
- 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T lemon zest
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 T. coconut oil (melted)
- 3 T. Kerrygold butter (melted)
- organic cream cheese
- 4 T. xylitol
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract and egg. Pour into the dry mixture. Add the melted coconut oil and butter and mix very well until a batter is formed (may need to add a little milk if mixture is really thick).
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan or baking dish. Bake for 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven or until golden brown on top and a toothpick comes on clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving or frosting, if desired.
- Allow cream cheese to sit at room temperature until it softens. Mix with xylitol, cinnamon, and lemon zest and then spread on top of cooled cake.
*Adapted from The Big Man’s World
Chipotle Garlic Eggs
- 5 organic eggs
- 2 T. organic whole milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. Flavor God Chipotle Seasoning
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 T. Kerrygold butter
- 1/8 cup shredded Cabot cheese
- In a glass bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt/pepper, and Chipotle seasoning together. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat butter until melted on medium-high heat and then add garlic and saute.
- Add egg mixture to pan and scramble to preference.
- Sprinkle Cabot cheese on top with a little more of the Chipotle seasoning and serve with your Lemon Poppy Seed Cake and latte. Enjoy!