These lemon pancakes have a little bit of sour and a little bit of sweet that make a delish combination for breakfast!
- 1/3 cups flour
- 1/8 tablespoon Truvia
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
- 1 tablespoon egg-whites
- 1/3 cup soured unsweetened almond milk (mix 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or distilled white vinegar)
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Optional: white chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 teaspoon yellow food dye
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together almond milk and lemon juice or distilled white vinegar. Set aside and allow to sour for five minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and Truvia or sugar.
- After five minutes, add egg whites, lemon extract, lemon juice and melted butter to soured almond milk. Stir.
- Fold liquid ingredients into flour mixture. Mix only until combined, allowing a few clumps.
- Fold in white chocolate chips (if using)
- Pour 1/3 of mixture onto a non-stick pan or a slightly greased pan (greased with butter or coconut oil).
- After 45 seconds – 1 minute, flip. Flip only once for the ultimate fluffy pancakes.
- After 30 – 45 seconds, remove pancake and repeat process two additional times.
-Adapted from Skinny Girl Standard