My Mom and I made this recipe tonight and it was DELICIOUS! Definitely a new favorite. It’s so healthy, chalked full of veggies and protein. The white wine gives the tomato sauce a slightly sweet taste while the garlic and basil gives it that classic Italian flare we all love. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 chicken breast tenders, boneless, skinless
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper taste
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly slicedfit
- 1 red pepper, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 28 oz can crushed Italian tomatoes
- a few basil leaves, torn
- fresh parmesan for topping
- Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, fennel seed and red pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown but still tender, 7-8 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- To the skillet, add a little more oil. Add leek, peppers, onions and garlic, some salt and pepper, and cover the pan. Cook vegetables to soften 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomato paste then wine and tomatoes. Simmer sauce 20 minutes to thicken. Add chicken back to pan and simmer 10 minutes more. Add basil and serve with grated parmesan on top!