I have always struggle to keep veggies consistently in my diet. It’s definitely something I’m trying to work on. I can’t eat vegetables plain; that’s just NEVER going to happen. But adding a few simple ingredients can change your veggie experience entirely, and that’s what happened with these roasted carrots.
Honey, garlic, and butter are things that I try to keep in my pantry/fridge all the time. You can do so much with them! Many of you have seen my obsession with Unsalted Kerrygold Butter here on the blog, and let me just say that I use it at least once every single day…sometimes more. NO SHAME. Their butter is grass-fed which is amazing, but it’s also absolutely delish. You can just tell that it’s the real thing, not that fake and “skinny” stuff.
I used to hate sweet carrots as a kid, and I’m still not crazy about the kind they serve at restaurants. That being said, I could eat these roasted carrots all the time! They are sooooo yummy and have the best flavor. It’s the perfect sweet/savory combo which I absolutely love. They are the perfect quick side dish to any meal, and will help you get your veggies in without having to choke them down (which I have totally done before with raw veggies…so gross).
- 2 bunches of organic carrots (about 24 carrots) tops trimmed
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. organic/raw honey
- 5 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- celtic sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick coconut oil spray, or line with parchment paper.
- Place carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet. Add olive oil, honey, garlic, and thyme; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately, enjoy!
Yummy Ingredients I used to make this recipe extra-delish: