Christmastime always means that my sweet tooth is about 10X stronger than it normally is….which is A LOT. Thank goodness that I eat healthier versions of my favorite sweets because if I didn’t….let’s just say that things would not be good for me haha. I mean I sat down and ate almost an entire pint of Halo Top Pistachio ice cream for lunch the other day with one of these Healthier Peanut Butter Cracker Cookies. No shame though, it was a delicious combo.
At my house, it’s a tradition to bake Christmas candy and other sweets throughout the month of December. If you know anything about Christmas candy you know that corn syrup and powdered sugar are two of the top ingredients…UGH. That’s why I’ve been working on making some of my favorite family Christmas recipes HEALTHIER so that I can enjoy them without the guilt and sluggish feeling after.
White chocolate covered peanut butter crackers are a huge hit at my house. My entire family craves them around Christmastime because they are absolutely AMAZING. Usually these are made with Ritz crackers, white chocolate candy melts, and peanut butter filled with sugar and additives. The great thing about this is that the ingredients are really easy to swap out for healthier ones, but still keep that great taste we all love!
It’s so funny that I didn’t used to be a peanut butter OR white chocolate person, but now I’m addicted to both. The combination of the sweet and salty in these cookies fits so well together, and I love how the white chocolate just melts in your mouth while you get the crunch from the cracker. Talk about HEAVEN.
Now I’m not saying you can sit down and eat these by the dozen and it be considered “healthy.” Nope, you will be seriously sick haha. But 1-2 are not going to hurt you because the ingredients are so much cleaner than the original version. Be careful though, they are on the same level of addicting….so if you don’t have good self-control, I recommend that you get someone to hide these babies from you because you just might want to eat them all.
I used the Whole Foods 365 brand for the natural peanut butter and white chocolate, the Back to Nature Classic Round Crackers, and coconut oil from Trader Joe’s. I’m obsessed with this melting pot that I use to melt all of my chocolate at Christmas; it works so quickly and the chocolate is always the right consistency.
–Wilton Chocolate Melting Pot
Such a super easy recipe that takes only a short amount of time to prepare, and your family will be begging for them for all the Christmases to come.
- -1/2 bag natural classic round crackers
- -1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- -8 oz. white chocolate chips
- -2 T. organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- Spread a small amount of peanut butter on one cracker, top with another cracker. Repeat with remaining crackers and peanut butter. Set aside on some parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in double boiler or melting pot. When melted, add the white chocolate.
- Dip crackers one at a time into the chocolate, fully coating. Remove with a small spoon and shake off the excess chocolate. Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Let harden in a cool space for about 10 minutes...then enjoy! Store somewhere cool.