There are so many ways that you can fix Italian gnocchi. You can easily substitute the ham and peas in this recipe for anything that you like. It will be delicious however you fix it!
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 cups diced onion (about 1 whole onion)
- 12 oz ham, diced
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (16 oz) package potato gnocchi
- 1 cup baby sweet peas, frozen
- ¼ cup organic heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Swiss, Monterey Jack, Gruyere, or Pepper Jack)
- Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and golden brown. Add the ham and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken broth and water and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi, stir well, and cover and cook for 5 minutes until the gnocchi is tender. Stir in the peas, cream, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and broil until golden and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Enjoy!
-Adapted from Kevin&Amanda