This sweet treat is super easy, fast, and so yummy! I made it for breakfast and ate it alongside my usual morning latte, and I was super impressed. It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this scrumptious little cake. Who doesn’t love doughnuts for breakfast?
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened organic dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Truvia
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 tablespoons hot water, or until batter is wet and thick like pancake batter
- 2 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- Splash water, or until wet and thick like icing
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Combine all cake ingredients in a mug, saving the hot water for last. Mix until combined.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute – 1 minute, 15 seconds, or until baked through.
- While baking, combine ingredients for glaze. Stir until combined.
- Top slightly cooled mug cake with glaze, and enjoy!
*Adapted from Skinny Girl Standard