German chocolate cake is one of my favorite desserts, and these pancakes taste JUST LIKE IT! They have the perfect amount of coconut and chocolate taste with only 115 calories per 2 pancakes! Perfect right??
- 1/4 cup organic pastry flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Turbinado sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/3 cup organic whole milk
- Optional: 15 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Topping: shredded organic coconut
- Excluding toppings, mix all of the pancake ingredients together (dry ingredients first, followed by wet ingredients), making sure to get rid of any clumps
- Pour a small amount of pancakes mix onto heated pan and cook for about one minute on each side over medium heat. It may interest you to drop the optional chocolate chips in one-by-one instead of mixing them into the batter.
- Once pancakes are finished, top shredded coconut and maple syrup.
-Adapted from Skinny Girl Standard