- 1½ cups organic orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup organic whole milk milk
- ⅔ cups fresh organic spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (plus extra for topping)
- Flavor God Garlic Lovers Seasoning (optional) to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add garlic, salt and pepper and saute for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant
- Add flour to form and stir for one minute. Add about ¼ cup of the milk to the pot and whisk to work out any lumps. When lumps are gone, add the remaining milk and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 8 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Add chopped spinach to sauce along with Flavor God Garlic Lovers Seasoning (if using). Cook an additional 2 minutes or so until spinach is soft and dark. Remove sauce from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. When cheese has melted, add orzo and stir to combine. Serve with extra parmesan cheese and serve immediately with a side cesar salad (optional) and enjoy!
*Adapted from Creme de la Crumb