Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter is one of my ADDICTIONS. I could seriously sit and eat a whole jar by the spoonful. However, this stuff is extremely high in sugar and calories when overeaten. This recipe provides just enough Cookie Butter per serving that satisfies your craving without making you feel guilty after. It’s so good, hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Kerrygold butter
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup syrup, I used Walden Farms 0 calorie pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold butter
- Melt 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips over stovetop on low heat, stirring frequently and removing once melted.
- Lightly grease a non-stick pan, about 8 X 8, and pour melted chocolate inside, spreading evenly.
- Cover and allow to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- While chocolate is cooling, mix together (do not melt on stove) 1/3 cup butter, 3/4 cup cookie butter, 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, and 3/4 cup Truvia with a stand-mixer only until combined.
- Remove chilled chocolate and spread cookie butter mixture evenly across chocolate. Cover and chill for an additional 15 minutes.
- Mix together rolled oats, syrup and additional tablespoons of butter.
- Once cookie butter has cooled and slightly stiffened, top with oat mix.
- Chill for an additional 30 minutes.
- Heat each individual bar in the microwave for about 20 seconds before serving.
-Adapted from Skinny Girl Standard