Coffee cake is super delicious and one of my favorite breakfast treats! This recipe serves two people, and is extremely easy and fast. Pair it with a latte in the AM and you’ll be fueled to start your day!
- 1/2 cup sprouted flour (I used spelt)
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup organic sour cream
- 1/3 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoons egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Crumble Topping Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon sprouted flour
- 1 tablespoon Truvia Baking Blend, brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Truvia Baking Blend
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium mix together flour, salt and baking powder well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk applesauce and sour together. Add in Truvia Baking Blend and eggs. Pour in vanilla and stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Fold wet mix into dry mix, whisking until smooth.
- In a small bowl, add ingredients for crumble topping. Stir until mix turns into crumbles.
- Pour batter into two non-stick, individual size baking pans, and sprinkle with crumble (or one baking pan if desired).
- Bake for about 30 – 35 minutes if using single pan. If you split your batter and are baking it in two individual-sized trays or in muffin tins, your time will need to be decreased substantially. In the case of muffins, I would prepare to bake batter for about 12 – 16 minutes, and in the case of two individual baking pans, I would set my timer for about 20 minutes, checking batter often until each cake passes the toothpick test: stick a toothpick in the center of your cake and continue baking until it comes out clean without any wet batter.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
-Adapted from Skinny Girl Standard