Hello everyone! Happy December! Let the holiday baking begin! We all love the smells and tastes of peppermint, chocolate, and ginger around the Christmas season. This Clean Gingerbread Pancake recipe is PERFECT for a day filled with decorating, wrapping presents, or just spending time with the family.
I started decorating the Christmas tree with my Mom today and we have had so much fun! But you know what makes our holiday decorating even more enjoyable? The smell of something yummy cooking in the kitchen.
Gingerbread has been a Christmas staple for me and family as long as I can remember. My grandmother used to make a gingerbread cakes and let my brother and I decorate it. I think that started the tradition for me because it was so YUMMY and really put you in the Christmas mood.
Since then I have been making loafs, cookies, waffles, muffins…pretty much everything with gingerbread flavor around Christmastime.
With the Christmas Radio Pandora humming in the background, glitter sparkling all over the furniture, and plenty of laughter, it is only fitting that a delicious breakfast should follow.
This gingerbread recipe is SUPER simple to make, uses clean ingredients, and pancakes are always a good idea right? Sometimes gingerbread can be overpowering in certain recipes but this one is JUST RIGHT. I topped it off with a little whipped cream, maple syrup, and cinnamon. It was the the perfect Christmas breakfast. The pancakes are also very thin and fluffy, so you don’t feel so full and guilty after.
Here are a few of my favorite essentials for this recipe:
–Natural by Nature Whipped Cream
–Truvia Baking Blend
–Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup
I adapted this recipe from Skinny Girl Standard. This girl has some FANTASTIC recipes that are all really easy to make, not time consuming, and healthy! Definitely go check out her page for some delicious ideas.
- ⅓ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 T. Truvia baking blend
- ⅔ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅓ tsp. allspice
- ⅓ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅓ tsp. baking powder
- ⅓ tsp. baking soda
- ⅙ tsp. ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup organic whole milk
- ⅔ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 egg
- 1 T. molasses
- 1 tsp. organic applesauce
- ⅓ tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients except the cream of tartar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your milk and cream of tartar.
- In another bowl, stir together all of your wet ingredients except your milk/tartar mixture.
- Pour your wet ingredients and milk/tartar into your dry ingredients. Mix but do not over-mix. You will have some lumps which is perfectly normal!
- Heat your skilled on medium-high heat. I use a coconut oil cooking spray to spray on the pan before cooking the pancakes.
- Pour about ⅓ of batter into your pan and cook until bubbles form all over the pancake. Using a spatula, flip it and cook the opposite side for about 1 minute
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top your pancakes with pure maple syrup, cinnamon, and organic whipped cream for the most delicious result. Enjoy!