French Toast is such a great breakfast treat. Though there are tons of variations, but sometimes a simple French Toast is the best. This version is not only Gluten-Free, but also has a fluffy and light texture that is absolutely perfect. At first I was worried because Gluten-Free bread is many times crumbly, but it actually soaks up the batter better than normal bread. You can add many variations to this recipe and adapt it to your preferences. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Truvia
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 12 slices Udi’s gluten-free bread
- In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cinnamon and Truvia.) Stir together well.
- In a square dish, whisk together the wet ingredients (milk, eggs and vanilla extract.)
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together vigorously (batter will be lumpy).
- Pour into square dish to begin dipping bread.
- Begin heating up your large skillet over medium-high heat. It’s best to use a nonstick skillet for this or a large nonstick electric skillet/griddle. If you don’t have nonstick, be sure to coat the pan well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Once skillet has heated up, begin dipping your bread slices into the batter. Dip one side of the bread, flip it over and dip the other. Let any excess drip off.
- Place coated bread immediately onto the pre-heated skillet. Flip when browned and brown the other side. Once both sides are a golden brown, they are done.
- Sprikle a little organic powdered sugar on top and drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy your yummy breakfast treat!