Hey guys! So this morning I was craving eggs, but I wanted to do something different that I could whip up really fast. FOUND IT! My Grammy used to make Eggs in a Basket for me when I was little and they were so delish. So this morning I made a Classic Egg in a Basket that is super simple but incredibly yummy…and healthy of course!Plus it’s kind of adorable….:) Pair it with a latte and you’ve got the perfect morning. This will be my new go-t0 breakfast. I didn’t add measurements on most of the ingredients, it’s all to your preference of how much you add! This recipe is very versatile.
- 1 piece of sourdough bread
- 1 egg
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Kerrygold butter
- Kerrygold Dubliner cheese, shredded
- Flavor God Garlic Lovers Seasoning
- Heat an electric skillet or non-stick pan to medium heat. Add butter to your pan and melt.
- Take your piece of sourdough and cut a circle out of the middle with a biscuit cutter or glass. Remove piece from the center.
- Brush both sides of the sourdough with a small amount of olive oil (little goes a long way). Place bread on the heated skillet and swirl in the butter. Brown slightly on both sides.
- Crack your egg in the center of your bread. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and Flavor God Seasoning. Cook for about a minute and then flip. Season once again with salt, pepper, rosemary, and Flavor God seasoning. Remove from heat and sprinkle shredded Kerrygold cheese on top while warm. Sprinkle with additional rosemary on top if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!