These doughnuts were so simple yet absolutely delicious! Definitely couldn’t tell that they were healthy. Such a treat!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted Kerrygold butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sprouted Khorasan flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter Kerrygold butter, melted
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat donut pan generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg; mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg together. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Fill donut tins half full. Bake 15-20 minutes. Take out of pan immediately and swirl tops into melted butter, then sugar/xylitol and cinnamon mixture. Makes 6-7 big donuts.
*Adapted from Camille Styles