Churro+Blondie=HOLY MOLY….and did I mention they are healthy? YES. HEALTHY. You can eat these babies without feeling like you need to run a mile after. Such a delicious treat!
- ¾ cup firmly organic brown sugar
- ½ cup Kerrygold butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup organic apple sauce
- 1/4 cup Truvia
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch sea salt
- 2oz dark or semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Cinnamon sugar mixture (Truvia and cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a square 8×8-inch baking tray with cooking oil spray.
- In a bowl, whisk brown sugar, butter and apple sauce until light and fluffy. Add sweetener/sugar, egg and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the water into the batter, and mix well. Do not over beat batter!
- Pour batter into prepared baking tray and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and chocolate chunks.
- Swirl the cinnamon sugar and chocolate around to create a ripple effect. (Optional: Sprinkle with extra cinnamon sugar)
- Bake until golden, 20 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the blondies comes out semi-dirty (The dirtier, the fudgy-er they will be). Be careful not to over-bake as they will dry out!
- Cool completely before cutting into 16 bars.