- 1 cup bananas (mashed, ripe. Roughly 2 small bananas)
- ½ cup organic Turbinado sugar (or cane sugar)
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Kerrygold butter, melted
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups spelt white flour (you can also use unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup organic Turbinado sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 325°F
- Using your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, add the mashed banana, sugar and Greek yogurt.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extra and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the batter and mix until just incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and seal shut.
- Using scissors, snip the bottom corner of one side of the ziplock bag to create your home-made piping bag.
- Grease your doughnut baking pan and pipe 3/4 full the batter into each doughnut mold.
- Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of each doughnut batter before baking. Or you can dip the doughnuts once baked in the cinnamon sugar mixture. You may need to paint melted butter on top of each doughnut before dipping the doughnuts in the sugar mixture to allow them to stick. Both options work perfectly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool before eating.