- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Truvia
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup organic whole milk, soured with a little less than 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon egg
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Marble Ingredients:
- 1/2 tablespoon dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Kerrygold butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Truvia
- Optional: Trader Joe’s Chocolate Syrup
- In a small bowl, sour almond milk or coconut milk with lemon juice.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all dry ingredients excluding “chocolate marble” ingredients.
- In a third bowl, mix together half of your melted butter, egg, and pure vanilla extract.
- Pour soured milk into bowl of wet ingredients and mix slightly.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl of dry ingredients and mix only until combined, allowing for clumps.
- In a fourth and final bowl, mix together the ingredients for your “chocolate marble.”
- Fold “chocolate marble” mixture into your pancake batter and use a knife to pull the chocolate through the batter, careful not to over-stir and combine the ingredients too much.
- Use your remaining butter to grease a pan or use a non-stick pan and crank it on medium-high heat.
- Pour 1/3 of batter onto heated pan and allow to cook for approximately 1 minute.
- Flip once the middle of batter begins to bubble and allow to cook for an additional 45 seconds – 1 minute.
- Repeat twice.
- Top with Trader Joe’s Chocolate Syrup for the most delicious result.
-Adapted from Skinny Girl Standard