Hello everyone! I’m back in the kitchen! My week in Florida was absolutely FABULOUS (more of that to come on in the next few days), but it was so nice to cook again today. I will be working all week so today consisted mainly of food prep and homework. Chicken Parmesan is one of my fave classic Italian recipes. This recipe is extremely easy and a much healthier version of Chicken Parm that what you normally find at an Italian restaurant. But just as delicious of course 🙂
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 skinless, organic boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 package organic spaghetti, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat eggs and water together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Dip each chicken breast halve in the egg mixture, shake off excess, then dip in the bread crump mixture on both sides. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray each chicken breast with cooking spray or an olive oil mister. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Spread each chicken breast with Marinara sauce, then top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted.
- Serve over spaghetti with additional basil (if desired).
*Adapted from Smile Sandwich