Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone, bring on the Mexican food! This meal is super easy, fast, and definitely a family-pleaser! My whole family loves Mexican food and of course the white queso sauce at local Mexican restaurants, so this combines both for an absolutely delicious meal that you will love! With the large amounts of cheese, this is not necessarily a “healthy” recipe, but if you use good organic ingredients, it is much better for you than eating out or eating processed foods.
- 8 soft taco size organic flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded organic Monterrey jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked organic chicken
- 3 tablespoons Kerrygold butter
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix the chicken together with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Distribute the chicken and cheese mixture evenly among the tortillas. Roll up and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Continue cooking over medium heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the sour cream and diced green chiles. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the sauce in an even layer over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.