This recipe combines two of my favorite treats into one delicious bread!
- 1 1/4 cup organic pastry flour or unbleached all-purpose
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup Truvia brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup pecans, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
For the frosting:
- 4 oz organic cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×4 or 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, quick oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed banana, brown sugar, egg, egg white, and vanilla until well combined and creamy. Add in coconut oil, applesauce and almond milk, then fold in carrots. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in 1/4 cup of pecans.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached. Mine took exactly 50 minutes in an 8×4 inch loaf pan. If you use a 9×5 inch pan, you may need to check the bread at 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan and place on wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make cinnamon cream cheese frosting: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon together on medium speed for a minute or until smooth. Spread over cooled bread. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons chopped pecans. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy!