Hi guys! Hope everyone has had a fabulous weekend. It feels like forever since I’ve tried a new recipe that hasn’t taken over 10 minutes because of my crazy schedule! I was lucky to have Saturday off this weekend so I was able to do some FUN things like cook. For breakfast Saturday morning I made this delicious and healthier version of Cappuccino French Toast topped with a Cappuccino Cream. DECADENT people. I had the leftovers for breakfast this morning and it was just as delicious as yesterday. If you love coffee and chocolate, you’ll love this recipe.
- 8 slices of thick organic or gluten-free bread, halfed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 T.coffee (I used espresso)
- 2 T. Truvia
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup organic whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon xylitol
- 1 T. coffee or espresso
- Stevia (to taste)
- Whisk together the coffee, Truvia and milk in a a bowl. Add the eggs and whisk again until well combined. Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch shallow dish. Add 8 bread halves into the egg wash; divide the chocolate among the bread pieces and top each piece with remaining bread to make 8 sandwich halves. Leave to soak for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and soak for a further 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan, skillet or griddle with a light coating of organic or Kerrygold butter. When hot, cook the french toast in batches until browned on both sides, cooked through and chocolate has melted in the center.
- Meanwhile, make your coffee cream:
- Combine the cream,and xylitol in a medium sized bowl; beat on medium – high speed until cream begins to thicken. Once mixture has thickened, add coffee and continue to beat until mixture has a whipped cream consistency. Add Stevia to taste if the mixture is not sweet enough.
- To serve, drizzle french toasts with coffee cream and sprinkle the Flavor God Chocolate Donut Seasoning on top. Enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from Cafe Delights