It’s almost Easter you guys! That means an excuse to make some super yummy treats! This Bunny Bait will definitely lure the Easter Bunny to your house….along with anyone else who smells it’s wonderful, sweet goodness. It’s made up of toasted coconut popcorn, chocolate chip bunnies, and chocolate malt eggs. Don’t delay, just hop to it! 🙂
- 2 cups un-popped popcorn
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold butter
- 1/8 cup Truvia
- 1/4 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 Tbs. Xylitol
- 1 bag Easter Malt M&M’s
- 1 cup Annie’s Chocolate Chip Bunny Grahams
- pastel sprinkles (optional)
- Heat a large wok on a stove top to medium/high heat. Add coconut oil. Once oil is melted, add popcorn kernels.
- Cover the wok with lid until the popcorn kernels have stopped popping, then remove from heat. Transfer popcorn to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add Truvia, and stir to dissolve. Bring to a boil, and let boil 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and add coconut extract.
- Place coconut on a baking sheet and sprinkle with Xylitol and bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes until lightly toasted. Stir, and bake another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut to the bowl with popcorn. Pour butter mixture over the top, and stir to coat.
- Add the M&M’s and the bunny grahams to the mixture and stir well. Top with pastel sprinkles if desired….then enjoy!