This is a PERFECT Fall recipe, but is great anytime of year really when you’re in the mood for a tasty treat!
- 2 Honeycrisp apples (or other crisp apples)
- 2 Tbs. Kerrygold butter
- 3 Tbs. Truvia brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp unbleached flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbs. Walden Farms caramel syrup
- Optional toppings: vanilla fro-yo, extra caramel sauce, cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To get the blooming apple look, you need to cut the apples. Slice off the top ¼ to ⅓ of the apples. Scoop out the core. I don’t have an apple corer so I used my metal ½ teaspoon measuring spoon. Then, use a thin knife to make two, deep circular cuts around the center of the apple. Next, turn the apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple. Flip it back over and you can see all of the cuts.
- Place the apples in an oven safe dish and put 2 Tbs. caramel into the center of each apple.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and continue heating for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir in flour and cinnamon. Divide the mixture over the top of the two sliced apples.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. (Check apples after 25 minutes and continue cooking until tender. Some apples can take 45 min to 1 hour to soften.)
- Remove from the oven and use a large spoon to move the apples into bowls.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla fro-yo, drizzle with extra caramel and sprinkle with cinnamon.