Hi everyone! This Basil Pesto Pasta is so yummy, creamy, and bursts with flavor! The Roasted Tomatoes really set off the dish in a unique way while the Lemon Garlic Chicken is grilled to perfection and adds the perfect amount of protein as well as completes total delicious outcome. One of my new favorites!
- 1 lb organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Flavor God Lemon Garlic Seasoning
- 3 Tbs. Kerrygold butter
- 12 oz spaghetti (I used the Jovial brand, gluten-free brown rice pasta)
- 12 oz grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream
- 1 cup basil pesto (I used the 365 Whole Foods brand)
- shredded parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- red pepper flakes, for serving (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pasta in a pot of salted water according to directions listed on package, reserve 1/4 cup of the water before draining. Set aside. Toss tomatoes with 1 Tbsp olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and a little bit of the Lemon Garlic Seasoning. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and spread tomatoes into an even layer on baking dish and roast in preheated oven 10 – 15 minutes, until soft.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, season chicken well with the Lemon Garlic Seasoning along with salt and pepper. Butter grill with the 3 Tbs. Kerrygold butter, and grill until cooked through on both sides. Cut into strips and set aside.
- For the pesto sauce, heat remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat along with the garlic. Add pesto and mix around in the oil until pesto is warmed.
- When the pesto starts to bubble, add heavy cream slowly and continue to stir. If needed, add some pasta water to the sauce to thin.
- Turn heat down and continue to stir the cream and pesto until it reaches a slightly thick and saucy consistency. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix in pasta noodles and serve warm with grilled chicken and tomatoes on top. Enjoy!
*Adapted from Cooking Classy