YIELD: 15 MUFFINS
- 1 cup organic cassava flour
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 6 Tbs. unsalted Kerrgyold butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 cup mashed organic bananas, very ripe (about 3 large ripe bananas)
- 3 Tbs. organic yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed Truvia brown sugar
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking cups or spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Make the streusel first by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the muffins, in a medium bowl gently toss together the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Using an electric stand or hand mixer, beat the coconut sugar, butter, and egg in a large bowl until fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed. On low speed, beat in the mashed bananas and yogurt. By hand, stir in the dry ingredients mixing until everything is *just* combined. Do not overmix.
- Layer one scant Tablespoon of batter into the muffin cup. Sprinkle with streusel. Layer another spoonful on top and layer with more streusel. Continue to layer batter and streusel into each muffin tin.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Lower temperature dial down to 350 degrees and continue to bake for about 14 more minutes until the muffins are set and lightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tins and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
*Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction