Happy Monday everyone! It’s been such a rainy and lazy Monday…motivation to do ANYTHING has been quite difficult to say the least. On days like today, we need a good healthy and easy recipe to make that isn’t so thorough (so that we can climb back in bed and watch Friends ASAP right?!) I have just the thing for you.
Every time that I go out to eat somewhere that has the basic Southern menu of burgers, wraps, and sandwiches, I always try to pick a healthier option as well as a side of sweet potato fries. It’s like my signature side. My boyfriend and I always get them with honey and it’s the perfect combo!
This Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe is a great classic recipe that will give you those perfectly crisped fries that you want without all the fat and unhealthy oils. You could serve them with honey, but I chose a more savory option for this; I wanted to branch out a little. This recipe has been adapted from the Center Cut Cook and it’s pure genius: Sriracha Mayo.
I definitely have a sriracha obsession. I put it on EVERYTHING you guys. Eggs, avo toast, rice, chicken….yepp. Everything. So of course I would want to dip my sweet potato fries in it! Combined with the mayo (or Vegenaise in this case) tones down the spiciness just a little and gives it a lighter, slightly sweeter taste. Vegenaise is something that I have been using for such a long time. It tastes JUST LIKE MAYO, and contains much healthier ingredients (I get the grape-seed oil version). You can find it at most grocery stores like Ingles, Whole Foods, or Earth Fare.
I love this combination and now I’m addicted to the Sriracha Mayo. Such a great balance of sweet in the potatoes mixed with the spicy of the sauce. Those restaurant sweet potato fries don’t even compare.
- 3 large organic sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp rosemary or chopped parsley
- 6 T. vegenaise
- 2 T. sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the potatoes into batons. Place on a baking tray. Drizzle on the oil and sprinkle on the paprika, salt and pepper.Toss everything together until the fries are coated.
- Place in the oven for 25-30 mins. Turn once with a spatula during cooking.
- While fries are cooking, mix together vegenaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with a little rosemary or chopped parsley and a little more salt and pepper before serving.
- Dip your yummy fries in your spicy sauce for a delish side dish, enjoy!
If you get a chance to try this recipe and LOVE it, please tag me on Instagram @adancersplate and #embraceyourplate so that I can see all of your delicious creations!