Total Prep/Cook Time:
20 minutes (plus at least 30 minutes to marinate)
- Two 6 ounce chicken breasts (thinly sliced)
- 6 thick asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper spice
- 1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 green onion chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Cut and trim fat from chicken breasts so it is about six ounces. If the chicken breast is very thick, pound with your fist or meat mallet to soften and flatten. The meat should be thin enough to roll and close. Set aside in a bowl.
3. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
4. Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix thoroughly, ensuring all sides of the chicken breasts are covered. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes. I prefer marinating at least four hours, sometimes even preferably overnight. Just be sure to place the chicken in an airtight bag or container with the sauce.
5.Trim the bottom stems from the asparagus spears.
6. Place three asparagus spears at the thick end of the chicken breast and completely roll the asparagus in chicken.
7. Place the roll on a baking sheet or foil lined pan with the ending flap down so that the chicken roll bakes closed.
8. Drizzle excess sauce over the chicken roll. Place foil over the tips of the asparagus spears to prevent any burning during baking.
9. Bake rolls in the oven for 10-12 minutes. If you have extra time before baking, brown all sides of the chicken roll in a non-stick skillet set to medium heat for 3-4 minutes. This will enhance the flavor of your chicken.
*Serve yours with any side you want; I chose brown rice and added a little Yum-Yum sauce on top to make it extra delicious!