This is one of the best recipes that I have made! It’s a perfect breakfast treat with WAYYYYY less calories and fat than normal monkey bread. So indulge yourself!<3
-Cooking spray (with flour in it)
-3 cups apples, peeled and diced small
-2 tablespoons Truvia baking blend
-2 teaspoons cinnamon
-1/3 cup Kerrygold butter
-1/2 cup Truvia brown sugar
-2 teaspoon water
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-3 tablespoons Truvia baking blend
-2 teaspoon cinnamon
-2 (12 oz each) cans Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or Pillsbury Golden Layer
Buttermilk Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, toss together chopped apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Cook for 2 minutes to soften.
3. In the meantime, in a pan, melt butter, brown sugar, water and vanilla. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and cook for 2 minutes. Stir often. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, blend 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
5. Quarter each biscuit from 1 package and roll each piece in about half the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place biscuit pieces layered evenly in Bundt pan. Spoon ½ of cooked apples evenly over the biscuits. Spoon ½ of cooked sauce over the apples and biscuit pieces.
6. Quarter each biscuit from the 2nd package and roll each piece in remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place these remaining biscuit pieces layered evenly in Bundt pan. Add remaining cooked apples evenly over top of biscuits. Spoon remaining ½ of cooked sauce evenly over apples and biscuit pieces.
7. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit for about 5 minutes. While still hot, carefully loosen sides and middle of pan. Invert onto a serving plate.
8. Serve warm.